Ecological management and monitoring can encompass complex issues, requiring clear thinking and a rigorous framework of action.
Management recommendations can comprise stand-alone whole-site plans, or can make up mitigation requirements for developments. As well as undertaking plan production, we can, in many cases, manage their implementation.
Monitoring can be undertaken as part of mitigation, research or management projects.
We liaise with other specialists and stakeholders, when appropriate, to integrate social and economic constraints with ecological decision-making to facilitate the sustainable development of sites.
- Implementation of the Burn of Whilk wind farm Habitat Management Plan (HMP), including bog restoration site survey, water level monitoring and ditch blocking
- Production of the Achany, Griffin and Calliachar wind farm HMPs
- Production of the Drumderg wind farm Black Grouse HMP
- Management plans for the grounds at the Aberlour and Tomore distilleries in Speyside
- Management plans for 300 properties in care of Historic Scotland
- Management plan for the historic designed landscape at Cammo estate, Edinburgh
- Open space management recommendations for a housing development at Dingwall
- Post construction bird monitoring at Drumderg, Achany, Gordonbush, Griffin and Calliachar wind farms
- Black grouse lek monitoring at Drumderg wind farm
- Site condition and grazing monitoring for the Gordonbush and Drumderg wind farm HMPs
- Fixed plot monitoring on post felling sites at Gordonbush, Griffin and Burn of Whilk wind farms